The World Alzheimer's Report, which was produced by researchers at King’s College in London, identifies areas in which specific actions could lead to improvements in the quality of care for people with dementia and strategies to make the care more affordable.
The report reveals that:
- As the world population ages, care provided by family, friends, and community will require much greater support;
- More attention needs to be paid to maintaining and enhancing quality of life and helping those affected and their families to live well with dementia;
- Increases in research funding are needed to reenergize the work on dementia prevention, treatment and care;
- The quality of care in nursing homes should be monitored through the quality of life and satisfaction of residents, in addition to routine inspections, as nursing homes will remain an important component of long-term care;
- Autonomy and choice should be promoted during all stages of the dementia journey, prioritizing the voices of people with dementia and their caregivers;
- Health and social care systems should be better integrated and coordinated to meet people’s needs;
- Caregivers must be adequately trained and systems should be in place to ensure paid and unpaid caregivers are properly valued;
- Governments need to make dementia a bigger priority.
People with Alzheimer's live on average four to eight years after they're diagnosed, but some may live 20 years beyond their initial diagnosis. Do you have a loved one who is suffering from Alzheimer’s? Persons with Alzheimer’s and their families face special legal and financial needs. At the Fairfax and Fredericksburg Medicaid Planning Law Firm of Evan H. Farr, P.C., we are dedicated to easing the financial and emotional burden on those suffering from dementia and their loved ones. If you have a loved one who is suffering from Alzheimer’s, we can help you prepare for your future financial and long-term care needs. We help protect the family’s hard-earned assets while maintaining your loved one’s comfort, dignity, and quality of life by ensuring eligibility for critical government benefits. Call 703-691-1888 to make an appointment for a no-cost consultation.
Fredericksburg Elder Law
Fairfax Elder Law
Medicaid Asset Protection
That is really bothersome. It this happens the people savings will be drained just to support the person who has this kind of disease. It is just a good thing if the person is safeguarded with long term care insurance quotes and the services it covered.ReplyDelete
It is an uncertain thing to retire. A lot of people probably don't have all the money they need to retire as they would like to. I think part of that is because people tend to live longer these days. It is important to be smart with the money you do have and maybe get help to make it last longer.ReplyDelete
There doesn't seem to be much talk about elder law on the web like the other lawyers. I feel like it should be because everyone is going to get old later on while there are some people that won't ever get in a car wreck. I need to make sure that my grandpa has a lawyer. http://www.cormacmcenery.com/ReplyDelete
Your blog is amazing! thank you so much for your creative inspirations and thank you for sharing.ReplyDelete
Excel Companion Care
Hopefully all of the research on Alzheimer's will pay off soon!ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing such a great useful informationReplyDelete
Our Guardian will Provide you with the best Personal Care at Home.
Home care in Pennsylvania
Home care near me
Care at Home
Care for parents